SAICA Paper Mill: Partington, Greater Manchester
Customer: Aalborg Engineering
In 2011, Aalborg Engineering approached Power System Services to install a HRSG boiler as part of the SAICA paper mill development.
The project involved numerous Key activities, not limited to the following:
- Logistical support for the delivery of large boiler modules from eastern Europe.
- Production of lift studies for both unloading and erection often using more than one crane and complicated lifting beam/ strong back arrangements to ensure no distortion takes place.
- Temporary stabilisation of modules.
- Structural Steelwork Erection.
- Significant quantity of boiler shell welding.
- Erection of low and high pressure site made and pre manufactured spool pipework.
- Welding of pipework (> 1000 pressure butts) and NDT.
- Installation of pressure Vessels.
- Machinery installation such as Fans, dampers and gas burners.
- Pressure testing.
The Boiler installation was a complete success and was delivered on time.